Bemis products for the laboratory industry are available at most scientific supply houses. Contact us for one nearest to you.
Parafilm M® All-Purpose Laboratory Film
A versatile, moisture-resistant, thermoplastic flexible plastic for a wide variety of clinical and industrial applications, Parafilm M® film has been used with confidence for years in scientific research and laboratory settings.
It is a proven fast, economical covering or stopper for test tubes, beakers, vials, petri dishes, flasks and various instruments and objects with irregular surfaces.
It is an ideal shelf or tray liner to prevent slipping of bottles or instruments. It is odorless and semi-transparent.
In laboratories, Parafilm M® sheet is a thermoplastic, self-sealing film that holds moisture loss to a minimum and offers excellent barrier protection to the contents of tubes, flasks, culture tubes, etc…
Available in four functional roll sizes:
- 2" x 250' | #PM992
- 4" x 125' | #PM996
- 20" x 50' | #PM998
- 4" x 250' | #PM999
Parafilm M® FILM Performance Characteristics
Oxygen (ASTM 1927-98):
- 150 cc/m² d at 23°C and 50% RH
Carbon Dioxide (Modulated IR Method):
- 1200 cc/m² d at 23°C and 0% RH
Water Vapor (ASTM F1249-01):
- 1 g/m² d at 38°C and 90% RH
- same as flat
Note: Because of low water permeability and the insensitivity of this material to moisture vapor, it is unlikely that differences in relative humidity (RH) will make a difference in the oxygen permeability.
Effects of Common Reagents:
- Hydrochloric acid conc. (12N) dil. (5N) - no apparent effect in 24 hours
- Sulphuric acid conc. (36N) dil.(5N) - no apparent effect in 24 hours
- Nitric acid conc. (16N) dil. (5N) - no apparent effect in 24 hours
- Sodium hydroxide conc. (22%) - no apparent effect in 24 hours
- Ammonium hydroxide conc. (28% NH3) - no apparent effect in 24 hours
- 5%: no apparent effect except permanent dark brown coloration in 18 hours
- 0.1%: same as 5% but slightly less color
- Iodine solution 0.1N: no effect except brown staining in 18 hours
- Salt (NACL) solution 20%: no apparent effect in 24 hours
- Ethyl Alcohol 95%: no apparent effect except some face whitening in 24 hours
- Isopropyl alcohol 99%: no apparent effect in 24 hours
- Not recommended for use with chorinated, non-polar aliphatic and aromatic solvents
Film becomes soft and sticky at about 130°F to 150°F (68°C)
Bemis products for the floral industry are available at most wholesale florists. Contact us for one nearest to you.
Floratape® Original Stem Wrap
The original self-sealing stem wrap for finishing corsage and wedding bouquet stems, floral novelties, silk or dried flowers can provide a natural or colorful finishing touch to your floral work.
Economical, strong and easy to use, Floratape® stem wrap allows the designer to create high-quality floral work.
- Excellent stretch means you use less tape
- Superior adhesion means it sticks to itself and the flower stem when stretched
- Floratape® stem wrap does not stick to your fingers
- Colorfast, it will not bleed when damp or wet flowers are assembled
- Fine textured and smooth surface creates a natural appearance and high quality
A wide range of colors in 1/2 ” or 1” widths for florists:
- 1/2” x 90’ in 11 colors: olive green, green, light green, white, brown, moss, and black.
- 1” x 90’ in three colors: green, light green and white.
Parafilm® Florist Stem Wrap
Self-sealing tape for finishing corsage and wedding bouquet stems, floral novelties, silk or dried flowers offers superior performance in applications requiring extra stretching and water proofing.
- Exceptional stretchability up to four times its original length means less wrap is used and a less-bulky, more professional floral product results
- Polyolefin content ensures a smooth, clean and bright finish to enhance appearance, particularly for weddings
- Superior water proofing keeps water in to extend the flower’s life or keeps it away from outer wrappings
- Prevents leaking in covered water tubes
- Available in green or white in 1/2” width, and green in 1” width
Bemis products for the nursery industry are available at most wholesale distributors. Contact us for one nearest to you.
Parafilm® Grafting Tape
Parafilm® grafting tape is an economical, fast and easy-to-use product that makes plant grafting and budding efforts a breeze for nursery workers, landscapers and gardeners. Apply Parafilm® tape over the usual grafting rubber or tape normally used to hold the union secure until the graft takes hold. And, it may be enough alone to hold the scion of some soft-stemmed species in place.
Parafilm® clear film has the right attributes to ensure your grafting efforts succeed. It is waterproof, flexible, stretchable and self-adhering. It allows gases (oxygen, carbon dioxide, etc.) to pass through, yet offers an excellent moisture barrier. The combination is perfect for grafting which requires a barrier to keep moisture in while allowing oxygen and carbon dioxide to pass through.
Available in clear tape in 1/2 " and 1" wide rolls.
Parafilm® Film for Bananas and Other Fresh Cut Produce
Used with bananas, Parafilm M®…
- Prevents Crown Rot
- Eliminates Need for Fungicide
- Prevents Unsightly Latex Seepage
- Insures the Integrity of Organic Produce